My Wizard Ads HowTo Marketing Tips and Resources for Online Entrepreneurs

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Two Great Scripts and One Really Bad Website Owner

Time to praise and rant...

Today I was on a high having purchased two outstanding scripts XML-Sitemap Generator and GoTryThis (which I'm still figuring the ins and outs of but I love it!) [new comment... I DO know all about it now, didn't take long and MAN what power this program has!].

For once, I was able to install both of these scripts without asking for any help from support or picking the brains of my good friend, Jeff Greer (bless his heart I'm sure he's thrilled, too).

The first is obvious, but as you'll see by the testimonials at the site I'm in a huge group of very satisfied customers.

The second is an excellent way to get solid stats on web links - be it on your site or in your emails or wherever. I'm anxious to start that up and running to its fullest.

Unfortunately, after two very successful script installations today I then received a very sour grapes email from the inventor to another program I had bought (three in one day is unheard of for me, but I was on a roll). This program appeared to be ideal. A program that I was looking forward to suggesting to the newbie and not so newbie marketers online needing web page creator help.

Again, unfortunately, I was disappointed. The program was glitchy and the support graphics, etc., that came with it required purchasing Photo Shop Deluxe (or another scammed off version) which frankly is out of my price range. I use CoffeeCup and like to code myself. Above and beyond that though, the features it listed as being able to perform where either nonexistent or so deeply hidden I could not find more than one (rounded corners which is cool, but not worth $67).

VERY politely I informed the owner that I was requesting a refund through Clickbank. Clickbank operates Monday through Friday so I very politely (nothing like above) told this person it just wasn't going to suit my needs. At the same time, I also informed him I was very interested in one of his other products (I've seen a demo and really thought it was nifty) and would be purchasing that... since I've also been able to "try it out" somewhere else, I knew that one would fit the bill nicely.

The reply I got back was insulting, rude, obnoxious and totally un-businesslike. Phew! If I ran my business that way, well there would be no business at all. I was amazed.

And still, in a last reply to him, my response was business-like as I explained my shock at his behavior. I also stated that purchasing something else, while I would have loved to have had it, was definitely not going to happen. There's $97 out the window for this guy.

So, as I wind out my praises and rants for the day, a word of warning. There are just too many programs and products out there. If we search long enough we can also find something very much like what we were after... putting up with sheer rudeness is not an option. Just keep moving! There are tons of wonderful people online just waiting to help make sure you get what YOU NEED.

You win some, you lose some. Too bad this guy didn't know the difference.

(P.S. For obvious reasons, I cannot tell you what website I was on... I just hope you're not unlucky enough to find it.)

All the best,
Theresa Cahill
My Wizard Ads, Online Advertising Co-Op

Keywords: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home